Friday, June 11, 2010

Family

I have been home since Sunday and it has been wonderfully relaxing. I have gotten two massages to help with my neck and back, worked on my dissertation, sewed, hung out and eaten yummy food. I get married in a week and a day! Rob and family will be here on Sunday and I am very excited. Next week will be a whirlwind I suspect but a good one at that. I am very excited to start my new life with Rob and the kids and just in case you were wondering - no, I am not nervous, have cold feet or anything else. I am happliy anticipating being sealed for eternity next Saturday to the man I love and who has become my best friend. The next weeks and months will be crazy full of things (travel, moving, defending my dissertation, family reunions, getting jobs hopefully) and there is such an incredible peace about it all that I am truely feeling blessed.

I like this quote - I pray daily that I will know how to be the mother and wife that Rob and the kids need. Lucky for me I have great examples all around me of those roles, people who are willing to talk and give advice and I am very grateful.
"Our most important and powerful assignments are in the family. They are important because the family has the opportunity at the start of a child's life to put feet firmly on the path home. Parents, brothers and sisters, grandparents, aunts and uncles are made more powerful guides and rescuers by the bonds of love that are the very nature of a family."
Henry B. Eyring, "Help Them on Their Way Home," Ensign, May 2010, 23

I hope you are all well. I look forward to seeing you all in the coming months.

2 comments:

Donna Leavitt said...

What an exciting week we have coming up! YIPPEE!

Michelle Kynaston said...

Oh I wish I could be there...but I am looking forward to meeting you in Idaho - when do you come? I can't wait to see your beautiful photographs of the day! We're so excited for you =)
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}